Clarksdale, MS is located in the Mississippi delta and is famously home to many artists. The Crossroads Cultural Arts Center will include an art gallery, creative spaces for learning, performance space, a visiting artists loft, and retail space. The Center would be infused with the works of traditional and contemporary Delta musicians and visual artists, with an emphasis on local African-American artists and their traditions.
Major Partners Include:
Clarksdale Revitalization, Inc. & Coahoma Community College
- Purchased building for Crossroads Cultural Arts Center
- Recruited and selected independent nonprofit board members
- Started applying for the 501(c3) status
- Repaired roofing on the building to proceed with programming
- Developing programming to open the center this summer
- Developing job descrptiton to hire Director
- Hosted a strategy session with Dr. Ann Markusen to discuss community engagement
- Partnered with Delta State University to host a Lunch and Learn event with community stakeholders. Keynote Speaker: Dr. Ann Markusen http://www.deltastate.edu/news-and-events/markusen-to-highlight-clarksdale-at-winning-the-race-conference/
- Members of the Board of Directors and partners particpated on a panel to discuss "Creative Placemaking in Clarksdale" for the Winning The Race Conference held at Delta State University.